2009 01 10

I spent ALL DAY moving my rose garden. Yesterday I recieved some new bare root trees. I really needed to get them in the ground pronto. I put them all in 5-gallon buckets of water for the night. This morning it was my immediate to-do to get them into the ground. That's what I did. After a few other errands I moved my rose garden.

None of the rose bushes are dead; but several of them have major root damage from a mole that tunnels around our yard. That mole gnawed several root balls down to a stump. I pruned them back and brutally and went ahead and moved them. We'll see how they do.

I mapped out a couple bushes that don't exist - for Catalina's benefit. She'll want to put in a couple herself.